Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Task Force
The recent events surrounding the senseless death of George Floyd and countless other Black people and people of color remind us that racism and inequality are real and pervasive problems in our society that must be addressed. MPA strives to be an inclusive community for everyone and is committed to doing our part. To expedite our work toward this goal, we are immediately forming an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) task force that will:
- Seek perspectives from diverse voices within the MPA community
- Amend the MPA Code of Conduct to emphasize EDI
- Review MPA’s policies and operations for opportunities to address EDI concerns
- Explore EDI training opportunities for MPA personnel, instructors, and performers
- Collaborate with our partners in the performing arts to strengthen EDI in our activity
We encourage all interested community members to join the MPA EDI Task Force by filling out the form below. Let's get to work.